Warning Signs of Electrical Fires

Warning Signs of Electrical Fires

Electrical fires can be a huge concern for homeowners, and it’s important that if you have any worries about your electrical system, you get a qualified electrician to perform a thorough electrical inspection of your property.

Every year, electrical fires cause thousands of dollars in damage to homes and can lead to serious injuries or worse for homeowners and their families.

There are many warning signs of electrical fires, and it’s a good idea to be aware of these so you can keep yourself and your family safe.

Understanding Electrical Fires

Electricity has been a part of our lives for more than 100 years and yet, many people are unaware of the ways in which electrical fires can start and spread throughout a home.

Electrical fires can start for a number of reasons, including when a home’s electrical system is out of date, overloaded, if wires are too close to water or short-circuited.

In reality, most homes with electrical problems don’t experience sparks or flames, but there are clear warning signs which warrant attention.

What are the Signs of an Electrical Fire?

If the lights in your house are regularly flickering or dimming without you doing anything, it may be a sign that there are issues with the wiring in your property, so it’s important to get a professional to check.

Another sign of faulty electrics is outlets emitting heat or a foul smell, so be aware if you notice a burning smell on your property.

It could be the plastic insulation around wiring heating up which smells like acrid plastic burning and needs immediate attention.

If any of your power sockets have been charred, look damaged or smell unusual, there may be a risk of an electrical fire.

If you or your family have been experiencing electrical shocks in your property, that’s another cause for concern.

Other signs of a faulty electrical system include blown fuses, tripped circuit breakers and sparking appliances – these are all warnings that there may be a problem with your home’s wiring and should be addressed immediately.

How to Prevent Electrical Fires?

To prevent electrical fires, there are a number of ways you can make sure your home is safe, but it is always important to get a fully licensed and qualified electrician to replace any electrical outlets or wires in your home.

To reduce the risk of electrical fires, you can:

– Avoid overloading outlets by plugging in one appliance at a time
– Using power strips that have built-in circuit breakers to prevent overloads.
– Check light fixtures for secure connections and change loose, dusty bulbs that can start fires if they shatter.
– Replace any frayed or cracked wiring with new wire of the same type.

Need your Wires Checked? Call Laguna Electrical Today!

If you experience any of these warning signs in your home on the Sunshine Coast it may be a problem with your home’s wiring and should be addressed immediately by a fully qualified electrician.

At Laguna Electrical Services, our highly experienced electrician’s can complete a full survey of your property and make sure there are no risks so call us today on 07 5473 0422.

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Call Now ButtonCall Now: (07) 5473 0422